Senior UX Designer
Our mission is to help developers use live data in their applications, faster.
The use of event streaming is booming. Organisations are in a race to become data-driven, but working with live data-in-flight remains difficult, time-consuming and costly.
Our innovative developer-first platform enables developers and enterprise to build, test and deploy live models and services directly on Kafka, fast.
With built-in scale, efficiency and resilience, our unique Stream SDK supports time-series data, events, metadata and binary blobs, integrating seamlessly into the application stack to deliver an end-to-end platform that developers love, in minutes.
Quix is adopted by developers across the video game, racing, manufacturing, automotive, health and telco industries.
Our team rapidly developed into a remote-first organisation during 2020 with people now living and working across the world.
We are building a category defining platform which will launch a new data-driven epoch.
Join us and bring your passion!
The design team is focused on informing and creating new features that developers instantly love.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will spend your time working with our designers and engineers to influence and implement features on the product roadmap being shaped by our developer community.
You will guide the functional design and be responsible for introducing best practices. Specifically you will:
Use UX and human centred design principles to design a product developers love.
Research and apply best practice to your work, drawing upon inspiration from alternative products, industries and experiences.
Produce low and high fidelity prototypes and wireframes.
Work closely with users to test and iterate prototypes quickly.
Document and refine user stories and flows throughout the platform.
Work with the engineering team to support implementation through to production.
Leverage data to constantly refine and improve the user experience.
Required skill and knowledge
5+ years of experience in product design, with 2+ years in a UX role.
Proven experience with Design Thinking Methodology and/or Human Centred Design.
Ability to create and test wireframes and prototypes quickly.
Experience with user research and testing.
Proven experience designing user interfaces for digital and responsive products.
Research and development of design systems and style guides.
Expert proficiency in design apps like the Adobe suite and Sketch.
Ability to solve problems and clearly communicate creative resolutions.
Nice to have
- Relevant academic education eg Bachelors/Masters degrees in Graphic Design, UI/UX, Service Design.
- Practical experience designing SaaS or data software products
- Experience with information design, including data analysis and visualisation
- Experience, recruiting, growing and guiding teams
- Work from home anywhere in the UK and EU (may be required to travel occasionally)
- Team meet-ups in EU destinations
- 37 days holiday (including all public holidays in your region)
- 2 additional paid days off a year for volunteering work
- Generous salary according to the experience and skills of the candidate
- Options to earn stock in the company
- Budget to choose own hardware and office set-up
- Training and personal development budget
- Regular socials with food/drink allowance
If you are interested in joining Quix, please send your CV and Portfolio to showcase your product design skills to firstname.lastname@example.org